Introduction

 

The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch

    Hello! My name is Kazden Haugen, I am currently a first year student at UAF living in Oregon at the moment. I was born here but I traveled a lot, in high school I stayed here but my senior year I moved to a small town in Alaska called Hyder. I moved with my parents as they were the two teachers at the school, my mom taught the elementary class and my dad taught the high school class. I took mostly online UAF courses and in the time I spent there I got to help out a lot with the students and that set me on the UAF path to one day become an elementary school teacher! Few things about me, I love music, books, animals and I'm currently learning guitar. I am looking forward to see what this class has in store.

    When it comes to my relationship with art I am someone who really enjoys learning about new types of art and art history. I can appreciate the work that goes into all types of art as I am not too much of an artist myself. I enjoy all kinds of art projects and crafts, things like that but I wouldn't call myself an artist. I'm taking this class to learn about art and to just explore new things as art isn't a huge part of my life. One thing I do enjoy is art museums, one I went to that showed me what art can really be was when I went to the MoMA a while back. There were so many iconic works there and an updated list can be found here.

    

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you! I think The Garden of Earthly Delights is a beautiful piece and the more you look at it, the more you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught elementary school for 21 years. Really enjoyed my career. I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kazden! What part of Oregon do you live in? It is one of my favorite states. When I lived in Seattle, my friends and I would head down to Portland and Eugene for road trips. More recently, my partner and I drove the Oregon Coast in a VW Van. I love the Coast, particularly Astoria (Goonies never say die!). Bosch's works are so rich in detail and scope. I love the fact that you could spend hours looking through this painting and still not seeing all there is to see. Sort of like a classy "Where's Waldo".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Springfield, so not too far from the coast. That sounds like a fun road trip in the van, I've always wanted to do something like that!

      Delete
  4. Oregon is such a nice state, hope you find yourself a career as a elementary school teacher after graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Bosch. This is quite a wonderful image. I am reminded of a film 'Before the Flood' (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xFFyUOpXo) for which the starting scene as narrated by Leonardo Dicaprio alludes the Bosch piece "The Garden of Earthly Delights" to the climate change and global warming issues we are facing today. Quite elaborate this Bosch piece is with every minute detail characterizing the world that is or could be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kazden, I like the art you chose to share, alot of detail and different things to take in. I hope you get to enjoy teaching in one of Alaska's Rural schools, lots to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kazden, I can really relate to your enjoyment of arts and crafts but not considering yourself to be an artist. I also have a large desire to always know the history of art and different art pieces I find it to be very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Modern - Installation Art

Italian Renaissance